The mission of this scholarship is to promote the study of measurement science and metrology related topics. It was created in memory of Anthony Ulrich, P.Eng. who pursued his career in metrology with passion and dedication. This award is intended to support students displaying a commitment to excellence in metrology!
This scholarship of $3,000.00 CND is open to full-time students attending a Canadian post-secondary educational institution; the student should be registered in a program containing elements of measurement science or the application of metrology to quality in manufacturing.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic achievement and the relevance of the course program or project to the field of metrology. As a minimum, the applicant should have an average grade of 80% or a GPA of 3.0 overall. All applicants are given fair and equitable evaluation, without consideration of gender, race, religion or ethnic origin.
The award may be used to cover tuition and other school fees, books and course material, and other incidental academic expenses. Living expenses such as lodging and meals are not eligible.
To apply for the Anthony Ulrich Metrology Scholarship, a student must submit:
- a completed application form (see below);
- a transcript of grades in all courses to date;
- a list of future courses planned to be taken in pursuit of the student’s degree (College Diploma, Bachelor, Master, etc.);
- an endorsement letter from one or more of the school faculty teaching metrology or quality-related subjects, or a from high-school science or math teacher;
- an essay (maximum 2 pages) indicating metrology and quality concepts learned and applied in academic or work settings, and describing the student’s career aspirations.
The material must be received by the Selection Committee no later than March 31st
of the year of award.
Completed submissions should be sent via email to AnthonyUlrichScholarship@ncsli.org
or via letter mail to
Anthony Ulrich Metrology Scholarship
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ulrich Scholarship Application (PDF)