Workshop & Symposium
August 13 - 17, 2017
Gaylord National Convention Center
National Harbor, Maryland
WELCOME MEASUREMENT SCIENCE PROFESSIONALS!
The NCSL International Technical Program Committee welcomes papers from practitioners and researchers in the field of measurement science including: Engineers, metrologists, scientists, technicians, young professionals, old professionals, laboratory managers, quality managers, statisticians, lab assessors, technical writers and all measurement science professionals!
HOW THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS WORKS
- All Session Types are required to submit a Session Title and an Abstract of 350 words or less. The abstract must be in English.
- All abstracts will be accepted and processed electronically through the CATALYST submission site at www.ncsli.org
- All submitters who upload their abstract by the January 6, 2017 deadline (and are accepted) will receive a $150 off the conference (member/non-member, regular/late) registration rate.
THE IMPORTANCE OF A SESSION TITLE
MEASUREMENT SCIENCE SESSION TOPICS
The session title is the first, and perhaps only, impression you make on a prospective attendee. On average, eight out of ten will read the session title, but only a few will read the abstract description and leaner objectives.
WHAT ARE SESSION TYPES
Session types are conference submission formats. Session types give people more ways to participate, more springboards for ideas and dialogues. The final program is assembled from a blend of the best available material.
Session topics are specific areas of interest or disciplines. We invite presentations on the following topics and encourage submissions that relate them to the overall conference theme, Precision and Performance with Measurement Science. All abstracts related to the theme will be considered.
AFTER YOUR ABSTRACT IS RECEIVED
· The Technical Program Committee will review and score all abstracts.
· The top scored abstracts are selected for the NCSLI Technical Program and are arranged into “Session Types” i.e., oral, poster, panel, learning lab, debate etc.
· A selected number of abstracts may be placed in the reserve paper category in the event a speaker must drop out before or during the conference.
· All Submitters will be notified by January 31, 2017 if their abstract was accepted, and to what “Session Type” their abstract was selected.
· Once your abstract is accepted, you have until April 3, 2017 to upload your manuscript for an additional $350 off the conference (member/non-member, regular/late) registration rate.
· The final Technical Program is then organized and posted on the NCSL International Conference website page and made available to the public.
DISCOUNTS OFFERED TO ACCEPTED PRESENTERS:
· Manuscripts are not
mandatory, but required for the conference proceedings, to qualify for the Best Paper Award, and to receive the
additional $350 discount.
All speakers who upload their abstract by Friday, January 6, 2017 deadline (and are accepted) will receive a $150 discount off of registration.
All speakers who upload their manuscript by Monday, April 3, 2017 deadline will receive a $350 discount off of registration. Total possible discount offered is $500.
BEST PAPER AWARDS
A "Best Paper" award will be presented to the top five highest scored papers. The overall Best Paper will be awarded to the paper with the highest point total. All deadlines must be met to qualify for a Best Paper Award.