NCSL International (NCSLI) Code of Ethics
We, the volunteers, members, and staff of NCSLI, understand the importance of our professional actions and relationships as well as the NCSLI Mission and Vision statements. We shall adhere to the following when acting on behalf of NCSLI:
Approved by the NCSL International Board of Directors
- Act honestly, in good faith and in accordance with the highest professional standards, and avoid any conflicts of interest, real or perceived;
- Protect learned knowledge, gathered as a result of a NCSLI membership activity, and/or NCSLI assets from any unauthorized usage, ensuring the protection of NCSLI licensing and propriety information;
- Spend NCSLI funds following sound business practices in accordance with approved operating budgets and procedures;
- Avoid any foreseen and expected actions that could lead to injury of our members, their property, reputation, business or employment by unprofessional, malicious, false or improper statements; and
- Protect NCSLI’s reputation and integrity by ensuring that any public statements relating to NCSLI positions or opinions are approved in accordance with NCSLI policies and procedures. Any positions or opinions which are not authorized by NCSLI are noted as the opinion of the author.