NCSLI Technical Exchange
Tutorial Abstract Instructions, Requirements and Evaluation
Conduct a tutorial at the Technical Exchange. Use your NCSLI log in user name and password to access the system.
- Abstracts and learning objectives are required for all proposed Tutorials
- The Due Date for Proposed Sessions: June15, 2012
- You should receive a confirmation receipt of of your abstract from NCSLI
- Abstracts must be 350 words or less and submitted electronically - select the "Submit Your Abstract" button or the "Submit Abstract Now" link
- Please include enough detail in your abstract so that the abstract review committee can determine the relative value to attendees.
- You are required to submit a set of learning objectives along with your abstract. All learning objectives should describe what the attendee will know or be able to do as a result of listening to your presentation or participating in your tutorial.
- Learning objectives are specific statements, written from the participant’s perspective, which provide information about what the participant will gain during a learning event. Learning objectives must be clear, specific, concise and measurable. Learning objectives state the performance the learner should be able to accomplish, specify the conditions under which the learner is to perform, specify the criteria for acceptable performance, and are directly related to the subject matter and content of the learning event. (E.g., "at the end of this session, the participant will be able to know "x" or do "y".")
- You can log back into the Abstract Studio using your Username and Password at any time
- The Program Chair will assemble a review team to review all the abstracts and select those that are top rated for presentation at the Technical Exchange. Once abstracts are selected for the Technical Exchange, authors will be notified of their acceptance.
Tutorials should be ½ day (4 hours with one ½ hour break), 1 full day, or 2 days in length
- Presentations must be non-commercial and objective.
- The author or coauthor will register, attend the Technical Exchange, and make the presentation as scheduled.
- All clearances, including government, intellectual property, and company clearances have been obtained.
- All co-authors have been informed of the submission and agree to the submission.
- The Program Chair is authorized to circulate your abstract to the review team.
Evaluation: All abstracts will be evaluated for the following criteria:
Submit Abstract Now
- Relevance, interest and value to membership
- Learning Objectives that are well defined
- Experience and credentials of the instructor(s)
- Breadth and depth of the tutorial topic
- Amount of Hands-on time included in the tutorial
Direct questions to:
Phone: (303) 440-3339
FAX: (303) 440-3384